(Senior) Product Development Chemist
(Senior) Product Development Chemist
Roartis is a fast growing, dynamic, privately owned and Flemish company.
We develop and market adhesives, inks, coatings and resins for demanding, high reliability electronic applications.
Our brands IQ-BOND, IQ-INQ, IQ-SINTER and IQ-CAST are known for innovative, high quality and “customized” solutions in the semiconductor, medical, automotive, space, defense and other markets. About 80% of our revenue is realized internationally.
We work in a B-2-B model. Our solutions are technology driven and our customers look for guaranteed quality, reproducibility and supply assurance.
Customers prefer to work with us because of our best-in-class technical and logistical support and our state of the art production and lab facilities.
For more information on our portfolio and technologies, visit www.roartis.com or www.iq-bond.com.
To sustain our growth, we want to strengthen our R&D team.
We’re actively looking for a (Senior) Product Development Chemist (m/f).
What does your job entail?
- After an internal training, you will work closely with the management and sales team to develop new adhesive, resin and coating formulations, based on customer specifications and requirements.
- Furthermore, you will work with the quality and production department to improve production processes as well as quality control test procedures.
- More specifically, you will:
- Collaborate with sales & marketing to convert technical needs of customers into material-technical product properties
- Develop, create (on lab-scale) and test formulations for specific applications, prepare the technical documentation for sales & marketing, production and quality assessment
- Work on long term technology platforms, possibly in cooperation with Flemish and/or international research centres and universities
- Optimize test methods and where necessary, define and implement new QC and R&D tests.
- Where necessary, provide technical support to customers with specific tests in the Roartis labs
- Assist in prototype batch production, together with production department and process engineering. Cooperate in preparing work instructions with our ISO-Quality department to assure production in a reproducible, consistent manner
- Analyse statistical data from production and/or QC in order to optimize and refine product and process specifications
- Identify, select and qualify new suppliers and raw materials
- Monitor , manage, train and use Lab and QC equipment, such as DSC, DMA, TMA, FTIR, rheology, tensile testing equipment, …
- Master Degree or PhD in Chemical Engineering or equivalent by demonstrated experience
- Sufficient experience in a laboratory environment within product development. Formulation experience in (UV-) adhesives, sealants, coatings, inks and resins is a plus, as well as experience with analytical test methods such as TMA, DMA, DSC, FTIR, rheology, etc.
- Knowledge & ability to design formulations for specific applications and to work safely in a laboratory environment
- Although we operate in a global market, with big competitors, Roartis consists of a small, but dynamic and ambitious team. As such, it is important that you are flexible and willing to accept a wide variety in your daily job
- You are communicative, result oriented, curious, open and persistent. You think that “even the impossible, is possible” and are a go getter who will not give up easily
- You are creative with a problem solving attitude and organizational skills that make sure you work according to a systematic approach to meet technical objectives
- You like a no nonsense, direct, data driven approach and work systematically to achieve your technical objectives. Practical lab work, necessary to achieve your goals, doesn’t scare you. You find the combination of theoretical work and practical lab work interesting.
- You communicate fluently in English (spoken and written). Additional languages are a plus, but not a must
- Good PC (MS-Office) skills
- Location: Genk (zip code 3600) , Belgium
What we offer:
- A dynamic, small but ambitious team, with plenty of growth opportunities … days are never the same and never boring
- A training program tailored to your needs
- International, cross departmental working experience
- Flexible working environment
- Attractive remuneration package
If you are interested, please send your resume and motivation letter to: